Monday, April 8, 2013

loving my juicer

With the summer weather finally here it is such a nice treat to make a smoothie. For each recipe below, I juice everything except the banana. At the end I blend the juice with a banana, frozen mixed fruit, and some ice cubes. I don't refrigerate all of my fruits and vegetables, so adding the frozen fruit and the ice at the end makes for a cool refreshing treat. It also makes more for a smoothie rather than just juice. I prefer the thicker flavor.

I use a Jack LaLanne's Power Juicer Express. I used the first link I could find, but make sure to shop around. I bet you could find it cheaper. I use a Hamilton Beach Blender - it's a single serving blender, which is absolutely perfect for my needs. It helps to make sure I proportion right. With bigger blenders, I often make too much and either drink more than needed, or waste the extra.


(Sorry for the poor quality photo, I didn't notice I was in the light.)

This was the first time I juiced a tomato. I was pleasantly surprised that it added such a sweet flavor. I love the taste of carrots. If anyone has had that Sobe Orange Carrot - I think this recipe is pretty close. I am taking full advantage of the oranges on sale at Publix, but I just found that juicing an entire orange was a little too sour.


My juice was so yummy, Lauren barely got a picture before it was gone.


Today's recipe below is my favorite so far!


Again, I blend the juice with the banana, frozen mixed fruit (found in the Publix frozen aisle), and a few ice cubes.

I enjoyed my juice/smoothie at the pool today. Gorgeous weather here in Tallahassee!


Hope everyone had a fabulous start to their week! I accomplished so much today and am hoping for a similar result all week.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment