Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Friday!

So as everyone knows I am doing bodyrock.tv (now dailyhiit.com) on a regular basis again. Love these workouts. They are simple, fast, fun, and most importantly I see results. I did this workout today with a slight modification to the last exercise (I just pulled my sandbag over my head making sure I engaged my core). Word of advice: watch this video first. It is the prep for the workout showing how to do each exercise properly and includes modifications if you need any.

After finishing my workout I immediately made a protein shake. I only drink protein shakes after I workout or if I KNOW I am working out that day. I have found drinking protein without any sort of exercise causes you to gain fat (around your belly) rather than the intended result of gaining muscle.

Mocha Protein Shake


I found this recipe somewhere online - I think I pinned it but I cannot seem to find it. 

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup of coffee
  • 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 3 tbsp plain yogurt 
  • 2 scoop chocolate protein powder (or chocolate mocha powder)
  • 5-7 ice cubes
  • Splenda to taste

I used organic 1% milk, vanilla flavored yogurt, 1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein powder, and no Splenda. It was pretty tasty. Next time I think I might add peanut butter or honey to give it a sweeter taste because I don't like the ingredients in Splenda.

Post-workout:


Shirt: Victorias Secret (they are now on sale)

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment