Sunday, January 6, 2013

DIY: Accessory Display

So for Christmas I made my friend Lauren this necklace holder for her wall. She pinned it awhile ago on Pinterest, the original can be found here. I tried to recreate it for her with some luck. I found the piece of wood at a local Cypress place for $10. But anything will work including pieces of molding, excess wood, etc. Click here for ideas.


I searched and searched for vintage knobs to no avail, so I ended up at Lowes and picked these somewhat classic pieces out.


First pick where you want your knobs and mark with a pencil. Then simply drill the holes.



Push your screw (mine came with the knobs) through the back side and attach your knob.




Easy peesy. I attached screws on the top of the wood and used ribbon to hang on the wall. Here it is shown in her bedroom.


The bow I made out of a separate piece of ribbon and it is just attached to the nail.


Depending on how much you hang on the knobs it may need something stronger than ribbon.



Looking on Etsy for an item like this, they are selling for more than $30. Depending on how much you spend on the decorative knobs, it is way cheaper to make your own (especially if you have your own random piece of wood lying around)!

scarf: belks dress: forever 21 necklaces: pac sun

No comments:

Post a Comment