Thursday, August 22, 2013

DIY: make your own postcards


There is a slight problem in the digital age - nothing is ever printed! Emails, tweets, Insta photos, Pinterest Ideas - are all on your computer, iPhone, iPad, etc. In my case, I have tons and tons of photos saved on my computer. Granted, a good portion of them are saved on my blog, but it just isn't the same. 

I found a cheap way to share the photos I take with the people I care about. Postcards! Who doesn't love getting mail (as long as it isn't bills)? Postcards are easy, no need to buy an envelope or even write a long message for that matter. PLUS the TOTAL COST for 6 postcards (with the stamps): $8 

That is a STEAL.

These were printed at my local Target Copy on matte card stock paper. What I love about this is that you can do many different photos to personalize each message for extremely cheap.

I made my own template that I wanted to offer to download, but couldn't find a free website. So if interested email me and I'll send you the template with the directions! To make your own, place your image(s) in Microsoft Word and then under Insert > Shape > Line and Connectors > Straight Line. Draw lines for the divider and address area. I even inserted a box for a stamp. 

Write your message and add a stamp!





Let me know how your postcards turn out! Thanks for following along. 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment