Sunday, November 24, 2013

Strawberry Pie







I made Strawberry Pie for the Thanksgiving party I am going to tonight. How cute is this pie, because I think it is pretty darn cute! But let me warn you, it took 2.5 hours to make, plus I dirtied a lot of dishes! Find the full recipe here. I couldn't find the pillsbury pie crust that comes in a box so I made my own (for the hearts) from this recipe. I was thinking about it, and I should of cut the hearts from sugar cookie dough instead. If anyone tries that version let me know how it turns out!

Also, I used two full boxes of the strawberries from Publix, and I sliced them rather than cutting into chunks (does it really matter?). I also just dusted the top with granulated sugar, I mean who needs to purchase 'sanding sugar' anyhow. Sugar is sugar, right?

I will have a post everyday this week in honor of Thanksgiving week, plus I have a lot of pictures to take of family, so no blog post shall be boring. Promise. Hope everyone has safe travels! If you guys are cooking anything special (or new) hope it turns out well!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment