Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh the things girls do for beauty.....

So as most college students who are stressed out, can't always eat the healthy meal, and don't get to work out as much as they like, my skin suffers.

I have been attempting to place natural things on my face because for one they are cheaper allowing you to try many different types of treatments rather than using the same acne cleanser day after day without seeing any results. So I decided to try a facemask I saw on Amber Fillerup's Blog: Barefoot Blonde. Since I had all the ingredients I decided to try it.

Cinnamon is good for fighting bacteria, honey is good for holding in moisture, and nutmeg is good for reducing acne scars as well as fighting blackheads.

Tonight I tried a mask made out of:
         1 teaspoon honey
         1 teaspoon cinnamon
         1 teaspoon nutmeg

Weird combination right? Yes, it looks like poop and smells like poop, but regardless I plastered it on my face. (Apt title for this blog post, eh?) After mixing it all together which it didn't mix well, I just spread it on my face for a little less than 30 minutes - I couldn't stand the smell. I washed the mask off gently with warm water and only my fingers. My face felt tingly and weird both during the facemask and after, but I think that is from the cinnamon (hopefully fighting bacteria).

My cheeks were a little red after, but that went away rather quickly. My skin feels softer, but no obvious difference noticed immediately.


I guess it looks like chocolate - but it sure doesn't smell like it! Be sure to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment