Thursday, May 9, 2013

typical lunch





Summer is here! That means I am eating delicious yet good food at every meal and skipping on unhealthy snacks. I made this juice along with a chicken breast for my lunch today. I used a tiny drop of olive oil instead of pam, and just sprinkled garlic salt on either side to give the chicken some flavor. I cooked my chicken over the stove with a lid to keep the chicken moist. Considering my fruits and vegetables were covered in the juice, I skipped on my carbs. I should have made brown rice or a sweet potato but I think I'll be fine until dinner.

I juiced everything in the first picture except the banana, spinach, strawberries and blueberries. Those items I blended with the juice along with a handful of ice, and yogurt. This gives the juice a creamier, smoothie-like texture. 

Heads up: if you plan on getting a juicer, I will be the first to say they are awesome. Love juicing and love the results. However, clean up is a PAIN. I think it takes more time for me to clean up than it does for me to juice. With that being said, juciers are totally worth it!

Hope everyone is having a great week! Tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment